Please enter your zip code to locate the UPI facility closest to you. This will be your default location but you can change it at any time.
Location: North Old US 60 Loop, Kentucky
1. Follow all safety policies and procedures and make recommendations for improvements to eliminate injuries and safety mishaps. Attend one safety meeting each month.
2. Follow all industry and company animal well-being guidelines.
3. Load, unload, sort, move, and pen livestock (cattle, sheep, hogs).
4. Create tags upon livestock arrival and place on back of livestock.
5. Feed and water livestock as needed.
6. Interacts professionally and courteously with producers, drivers, buyers, and employees by providing excellent customer service.
7. Communicate regularly in a professional manner with customers and provide feedback and/or recommendations to management to determine how to best help both the customer and UPI grow.
8. Maintain general upkeep of the facility by cleaning and making repairs as needed.
9. Operate skid loader as needed.
*Other responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Travel Requirements: May travel occasionally to other facilities to help with auctions as needed, attend employee meetings, etc.
Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED preferred.
Certifications/Licenses: BQA/PQA (Beef Quality Assurance or Pork Quality Assurance) certification preferred.
Experience: Prior experience working with livestock (cattle, sheep, hogs) is preferred. Prior experience using a skid loader is preferred.
Competencies: Customer Service; Ability to read/write/count; Interpersonal skills; safety conscious;; ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
Physical Requirements: Ability to Climb, stoop, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, see, and hear. Must be agile. Must be able to lift 35 lbs. or more regularly. Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs. occasionally. Ability to work in extreme temperatures; Ability to work long hours.
Work Environment: This work environment is both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather; dusty; working around livestock as well as other people. ability to work long hours
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.