Please enter your zip code to locate the UPI facility closest to you. This will be your default location but you can change it at any time.
Job Title: Regional Office Manager
Reports To: Director, Field Office Admin and Accounts Receivable
Employment Classification: Exempt
Summary/Objective: Manage customer service team, consisting of Office Managers and Sr. Office Managers, in generating customer payments/billings, in preparing and maintaining branch accounting records, training field staff on branch accounting systems, developing standard operating procedures and manuals, and administering internal control objectives. Provide leadership to ensure consistent and efficient office activities, to maintain functional branch accounting systems, and to effectively communicate to Regional Business Managers to promote teamwork and improve operations.
1. Manage the Office Managers and Sr. Office Managers to include, but not limited to the following: recruiting, onboarding, performance management, training, and employee relations.
2. Ensure accurate and timely payroll processing to meet reporting and benefit requirements. Manage timecards and PTO for all Office Managers and Sr. Office Managers, preparing contingency plans as needed to ensure coverage during absences.
3. Be a change agent. Communicate changes, be an advocate for the changes, and coach employees through the change for positive results.
4. Demonstrate and promote positive interactions by communicating effectively and professionally both internally and externally always displaying a positive attitude and ensuring the company’s mission, vision, and core values are being followed.
5. Coach, mentor, motivate, and develop team to achieve goals.
6. Manage day-to-day accounting accuracy through the branch office processing activities. Incorporate new ideas. Develop and enforce standard office procedures to accurately, efficiently, and timely process business transactions.
7. Manage field office staff to reconcile accounts related to area of responsibility to branch bookkeeping and general ledger accounts.
8. Develop training materials and train field staff in the use of the branch accounting systems. Provide support during regular work hours and during all auction work hours to resolve system problems and user errors. Coordinate with IT department and IT vendors to maintain proper functioning branch accounting systems.
9. Maintain and implement branch market’s internal controls, which include UPI standard operating procedures and policies. Provide system to monitor adherence to internal controls, with reports, internal audits, observation, etc.
10. Maintain knowledge of Packer & Stockyards rules and regulations, with expectations that branch market office activities are compliant.
11. Utilize branch accounting system’s reporting capabilities to efficiently create operational reports.
12. Communicate professionally with Regional Business Managers, providing reports and feedback to optimize branch facility management and promote efficient operations.
13. Assist with collecting documentation for the annual audit and providing support to the annual budgeting processes.
14. Provide exceptional customer service by communicating in a professional manner to all employees and acknowledging/responding to all emails and phone calls within 24 hours.
15. Ensure all records are maintained in accordance with the company’s record retention policies.
16. Communicates pertinent issues to the Director of Field Office Admin and Accounts Receivable and makes recommendations, as appropriate.
17. Ensure branch office compliance to all company policies and procedures.
*Other responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: Manage the Office Managers and Senior Office Managers.
Travel Requirements: Approximately 50% of the time is travel to the facilities with occasional overnight travel.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in AgBusiness, Business Administration, or related field is required.
Experience: Minimum requirements include: Prior experience in the agriculture industry, preferably dealing with livestock; 3 years administrative or general accounting experience, including responsibility for internal control management; Proficiency in MS Office products, specifically excel and outlook as well as accounting systems. Prior supervisory experience required, preferably with remote direct reports. Experience within branch office administration is preferred.
Competencies: Ethical; Business Acumen; Analytical; Excellent Communication skills; Strategic; Interpersonal skills; Judgement; Problem solving skills; Project Management; Multi-tasking; Confidentiality; Motivational skills; Team oriented; Leadership skills; and Conflict Management skills.
Physical Requirements: Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.; Must be able to communicate, both by speaking and by listening in person and over the telephone. Must be able to hear by perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Must be able to finger by picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand as in handling. Must be agile and able to stoop, kneel, reach, stand, and stand.
Work Environment: This work environment is primarily indoors in a climate-controlled office environment.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.