Please enter your zip code to locate the UPI facility closest to you. This will be your default location but you can change it at any time.
Location: 8351, North High Street, Columbus, Ohio
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Hours: Part-Time – 15-20 hours/week
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
Employment Classification: Non-Exempt
Summary/Objective: This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping and file maintenance.
1. Administer COBRA, to include, but not limited to new hire notifications, terminated employee notifications, monthly invoices and payments.
2. Benefit administration to include, but not limited to: ensuring newly eligible employees are enrolled in a timely manner (entered in ADP, entered in The Standard) and notifying benefit plans of any changes or terminations.
3. Ensure compliance with ACA by conducting monthly look back reports and notify managers as employees are getting close to the hours requirement.
4. Enter information in 401(k) Administrators website of newly eligible employees and send information packets to newly eligible employees.
5. Enter terminations in 401(k) Administrators website.
6. Track and maintain lists for all necessary documents (handbook acknowledgement forms, wellness forms, reviews, goals, etc.)
7. Conducts all pre-employment background checks.
8. Reviews all new hire paperwork ensuring paperwork is completed accurately and works with hiring manager on any missing information.
9. Maintain employee documents in ADP (formerly personnel files) as well as terminated employee personnel files.
10. Create ad hoc reports from ADP as needed.
11. Provide exceptional customer service by communicating in a professional manner to all employees and acknowledging/responding to all emails and phone calls within 24 hours.
12. Provide assistance with Workers Compensation and OSHA administration, as needed.
13. Communicate effectively and professionally with employees and outside contacts.
14. Provides back-up to the Payroll Administrator.
*Other responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Travel Requirements: None
Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
Experience: Requirements include: Minimum of 1-2 years of Human Resources experience required, preferably in a multi-state environment. Prior experience using ADP’s Workforce Now software preferred. Proficiency in MS Office products, specifically with Excel, Word, and Outlook. Prior Workers Compensation experience is preferred. Knowledge of employment laws is preferred.
Competencies: Confidentiality; Detail oriented; Interpersonal skills; Exceptional Customer Service skills; Communication skills; Organizational skills; Team oriented; Problem Solving skills; Time Management.
Physical Requirements: Typically involves sitting; Occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.; Must be able to communicate, both by speaking and by listening over the telephone. Must be able to hear by perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Must be able to finger by picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand as in handling. Must be able to stoop, kneel, and reach.
Work Environment: This work environment is indoors in a climate-controlled office environment.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.