Please enter your zip code to locate the UPI facility closest to you. This will be your default location but you can change it at any time.
Location: 1700, Winchester Highway, Fayetteville, Tennessee
Job Title: Facility Manager
Location: Fayetteville, Tenn.
Reports To: Operations & Business Services Director
Employment Classification: Exempt
Summary/Objective: Manage and provide leadership to all aspects of the facility to include, but not limited to, the day to day operations of the facility, logistics of livestock marketing, procurement and sale of livestock, customer relations, and personnel management.
1. Promote a culture of safety within the facility by reinforcing the importance of everyday safety precautions with employees and following company safety policies, having monthly safety meetings with employees, actively looking for ways to eliminate injuries and safety mishaps within the facility and on the road.
2. Manage employees to include, but not limited to the following: recruiting, onboarding, performance management, training, and employee relations.
3. Coach, mentor, motivate, develop a team and collaborate across UPI to achieve goals.
4. Provide livestock marketing solutions to members, buyers/customers, and producers to include, but not limited to the following: specialized movement of cull livestock, livestock transportation and logistics, procurement options for breeding and feeder livestock, weekly auction marketing and collection points, fed and feeder cattle sales, terminal livestock marketing (sows, butcher hogs, cull livestock) including internet feeder cattle sales, direct sales and marketing, order buying services, credit services, and risk management services.
5. Increase profits by increasing volume, enhancing margin, and developing additional market share for all services offered by UPI.
6. Identify, develop, nurture, and sustain long term / strategic customer relationships.
7. Address and resolve customer concerns.
8. Ensure that all accounts receivables are within company guidelines and follows company policies.
9. Ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed.
10. Ensure that rules and regulations created by the Packers and Stockyards Administration and state department(s) of agriculture are followed.
11. Ensure annual budgets for facility are met / exceeded, followed and expenses remain within budget to ensure that the facility meets or exceeds the budget.
12. Communicate, coordinate, and cooperate with other managers within the company to assure effective and efficient operations.
13. Maintain accurate and complete records of all expenses of the facility.
14. Identify, recommend, and initiate needed updates and changes in the facility and equipment in accordance with approved annual budgets and plans.
15. Ensure animal well-being industry guidelines as well as company guidelines are met or exceeded.
*Other responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: Provide leadership for the facility and manage the daily activities of 5 or more part-time or full-time positions that work at the facility, which may include Sales Representatives and have a dotted line responsibility of supervising the Office Manager.
Travel Requirements: Daily; occasional overnight travel.
Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Ag Business, Animal Science, Agricultural Economics, or related field preferred.
Certifications/Licenses: BQA/PQA (Beef Quality Assurance or Pork Quality Assurance) certification and weigh license required. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Experience: Minimum requirements include: 5 years prior experience working with livestock (specific to the facility – cattle, hogs, or sheep); 3 years or more of prior leadership experience; and 2 years in a customer relations position, such as sales or customer service. Preferred experience includes, but not limited to: working experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook), livestock operations management experience; budgeting experience, and prior experience using a skid loader.
Competencies: Ethical; Business Acumen; Safety Conscious; Excellent Communication skills; Positive Interpersonal skills; Problem-solving skills; Motivational skills; Leadership skills; Negotiation skills; Perseverance; and Results oriented.
Physical Requirements: Ability to Climb, stoop, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, see, and hear. Must be agile. Must be able to lift 35 lbs. or more regularly. Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs. or more occasionally. Must be able to drive. Ability to work in extreme temperatures. Ability to work long hours and weekends.
Work Environment: This work environment is both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather; dusty; working around livestock as well as other people.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.