Please enter your zip code to locate the UPI facility closest to you. This will be your default location but you can change it at any time.
Location: 617, South Franklin Street, Eaton, Ohio
Job Title: Part-Time Auction Clerk
Location: Eaton, Ohio
Reports To: Facility Manager
Employment Classification: Non-Exempt
Summary/Objective: Ensure accurate and timely entry of livestock auction sales into the computer system.
1. Follow all safety policies and procedures and make recommendations for improvements to eliminate injuries and safety mishaps. Attend one safety meeting each month.
2. Follow all industry and company animal well-being guidelines.
3. Weigh animals, enter weight into computer system, and balance scales as required.
4. Follow all rules and regulations created by the Packers and Stockyards Administration and state department(s) of agriculture.
5. Enter tag number, description of animal, price, and buyer information into the computer system. Enter seller information as needed.
6. Ensure that computers and TV’s are working properly prior to sale.
7. Assist, as needed, before and after the sale with Yard or Office activities.
8. Communicates with the office personnel, auctioneer, producers, buyers, and others in a professional manner.
*Other responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Travel Requirements: May travel occasionally to other facilities to help with auctions as needed.
Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED preferred.
Certifications/Licenses: Weigher’s License required.
Experience: Requirements include: Prior data entry experience and proficiency using computers; Prior experience working with livestock (cattle, sheep, hogs) is preferred.
Competencies: Attention to detail; Excellent communication skills; Excellent Listening skills; Customer Service; Safety conscious; Ability to remain calm under pressure; Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
Physical Requirements: Involves both sitting and standing. Ability to type proficiently with fingers. Must be able to communicate, both by listening and speaking in person in a busy environment; Must be able to hear by perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to Climb, stoop, kneel, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, see, and hear. Must be agile. Must be able to lift 35 lbs. or more regularly. Ability to work in extreme temperatures.
Work Environment: This work environment is both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather; dusty; working around livestock as well as other people.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.